At the recent M&A Worldwide Rainmaker Summit, the sale of Burnhart Holdings (trading as WEC Group) to Amari UK Inc. won the vote for the M&A Worldwide Deal of the Year, against spirited competition from three other cross-border deals. FOCUS represented the transaction in the U.S. and introduced the transaction to the buyer, which is …
These are the articles that are featured in each of the FOCUS monthly newsletters.
Solid Q1 Sets Stage for Sizzling 2018
Coming off a remarkable year when FOCUS closed an unprecedented 23 deals—up an amazing 64 percent—we’re confident 2018 is likely to set new records, too. First quarter data is in, demonstrating that dealmakers continue to see plenty of reasons for optimism for the remaining three quarters.
“Business Carries the Economy” was The Wall Street Journal’s …
Mid-Year M&A 2017: Remarkably Resilient
Mostly, the news is excellent. Stock market indexes are reaching record highs, corporate earnings are trending upward, global markets remain strong, and an active M&A market continues.
The U.S. economy is outpacing most other developed markets, remaining remarkably resilient and positive in reaction to a variety of political outlooks, policy agendas, and geopolitical fears. From …
Download the FOCUS Enterprise-Focused Telecom Technology Quarterly: Summer 2017 Report
After a strong performance in our spring report, the FOCUS Enterprise-Focused Telecom Technology Index (EFTTI) reversed course and dropped 2.8% in our summer reporting period. This was despite a favorable market backdrop where the S&P 500 gained 3.6% and the NASDAQ gained 5.0% over the corresponding time frame. Even after this period’s losses, the EFTTI …
Download the FOCUS U.S. Communications Service Provider Quarterly: Summer 2017 Report
In public markets, the FOCUS Communications Service Provider Index (CSPI) had its second straight three-month period in negative territory, dropping 4.6% in our summer reporting period. This was despite relatively healthy gains in both the S&P 500 (up 2.6%) and the NASDAQ (up 3.9%). The difference between the CSPI and the broader indices is even …
Download the FOCUS Information Technology Group’s Summer 2017 Report
- Employ a proven transaction methodology which delivers results
- Devote senior C-level resources with operating expertise in the IT sector who advise CEOs and boards
- Deliver precise, comprehensive research to close transactions, deploying a team of professionals dedicated to producing results
- Leverage years of experience in the middle market to maximize opportunities for successful transactions
- Have a national presence with global reach—regional offices ensure that all clients receive personalized service throughout every phase of a transaction
- Offer strategic advisory services that enhance shareholder value
Download the FOCUS Healthcare and Life Sciences Report: Summer 2017
Inside, be sure to read Part I of a fascinating new two-part article, “Precision Medicine—The Leading Edge of Medical Therapeutics.” According to the authors (an impressive group of FOCUS interns and researchers), precision medicine is a transformative approach to disease treatment and prevention, customizing healthcare based on an individual’s genetic makeup, lifestyle and environment. It …
Download the FOCUS Telecom Business Services Quarterly: Summer 2017 Report
In public markets, with a gain of 3.9% in our summer reporting period, the FOCUS Telecom Business Services Index (TBSI) once again posted a solid three-month gain. The performance of the TBSI was significantly better than the three-month gain of the S&P 500 of 2.6%, and was identical to the three-month return of the NASDAQ. …
Download the Government, Aerospace and Defense Group’s Summer 2017 Report
- AirVault and GE’s Predix: An Innovative New Route to Aircraft Records Management Supports NextGen Goals
- Major Q2 2017 Deals in the GAD Sector
- Performance: S&P 500 vs. GAD Government Sector Q2 2017
- Aerospace Sector Q2 2017 Defense Sector Q1 2017
- M&A Activity in the GAD Sector
- Selected GAD Transactions Q2 2017
- Recent FOCUS GAD Transactions
Download the FOCUS Carrier-Focused Telecom Technology Quarterly: Summer 2017 Report
In public markets, the FOCUS Carrier-Focused Telecom Technology Index (CFTTI) was relatively flat in our summer reporting period, dropping 0.3% in the past three months. This underperformed both the 2.0% gain in the S&P 500 and the 6.4% gain in the NASDAQ over the same time frame.