M&A Investment Banking
It’s almost always “all about the people” – and the robust growth of M&A activity in the HCM arena reflects the truth of this oft-repeated phrase.
The US staffing industry will grow 4% in 2019, reaching a record $153.5 billion in revenue, according to the “US Staffing Industry Forecast” from Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). In 2018, the industry produced an estimated 137 M&A transactions with owners capitalizing on the active market by either selling to a strategic buyer or recapitalizing with a private equity firm. Industry experts are forecasting robust activity to continue, reflecting business outsourcing trends; technology-enabled and recurring revenue business models; and the institutionalization of the gig economy in American culture.
The FOCUS HCM team provides investment banking services for:
- Contract Staffing
- Executive Search
- HR Technology/SAAS
- Benefits Administration
The firm’s large database of leading HCM companies’ numbers over 2,000 active players, including HCM business owners, strategic buyers and Private Equity investors active in the space. FOCUS clients benefit from our extensive industry relationships and inside knowledge of current valuations and deal structures.
Our practice concentrates on providing investment banking services to middle market clients:
- Sell-Side – assisting owners in analyzing and completing transactions to sell their business
- Buy-Side – leading companies growth through targeted acquisition programs
- Capital Raise– aiding companies in raising capital for growth or recapitalization
- Industry Expertise– With backgrounds that include C-level operating experience, our bankers engage clients as peers, who understand the technical and operational nuances of our clients’ businesses as well as those of the M&A process
- Experienced Bankers– `Lead and execute every deal from start to finish, giving our clients the advantage of continuity and experience
- Process-Driven Outcomes– Supported by strong in-house research, our M&A process has a proven track record —130+ closed deals in the last 10 years